April's great grandfather, Arthur, wrote a long story after drinking one night and it was discovered YEARS later in his basement. It was a known fact that he liked to write, but 90% of what he wrote was kept in his journal for his eyes only! After reading this – we wonder what else he could’ve written about!
3 Reasons Why Writing is Good for your MIND, BODY, and SPIRIT
1. Writing helps you communicate with others better. The better you are with writing, the better you can communicate with people. In return, this will let you have better relationships with others!
2. Writing can improve your immune system. Identifying any negative emotions and writing about them can decrease your stress levels tremendously. By jotting things down, you can analyze what’s wrong and figure out how to make the correct changes!
3. Writing can also help you deal with upsetting or difficult experiences or situations. Just a few lines a day will keep anxiety away. Get your thoughts down on paper and see how your much your mood improves!
Below are some places that my family, friends, or I have visited that are perfect places to escape reality and get some thoughts down on paper.
5 Places to Get Away and FREE your Mind
1. Dry Tortugas, Florida (Best time to travel there: September)
Because it is 70 miles off the coast, you MUST take a boat or seaplane to get to the Dry Tortugas. They have a National Park that is known for amazing bird watching. I don’t know about you, but sitting outside, listening to the bird chirp makes me feel very comforted.
2. Carova Beach, North Carolina (Best time to travel there: March-May)
Carova Beach is located at the very top of the Outer Banks in North Carolina. There are no hotels or stores, just a lot of beautiful vacation homes. This takes away a lot of the distractions and lets you become one with yourself and feelings.
3. Stowe, Vermont (Best time to travel there: September – February)
There are a lot of places to adventure to and write in Stowe, Vermont. You like hiking mountains? They’ve got those. What about sitting by the river and listening to the water? Check! There are tons of places to ride your bike and smell the fresh air. Find your perfect spot to become besties with your journal.
4. Lodge on Little St. Simons Island, Georgia (Best time to travel there: June – August)
The Lodge is a very private resort on a very private island. It is an all-inclusive resort that has a lot to offer. You can kayak, ride bikes on the beach, go fishing, or sit on the screened in front porch and listen to the cricket chirp.
5. Sebago Lake, Maine (Best time to travel there: June – August)
Sebago Lake is a massive body of water. So big that people say it feels like a hidden ocean. The locals there refer to it as THE lake. Sebago offers other activities to participate in. If you are the golfing type, visit Naples Golf and Country Club. There’s nothing like an open driving range or quick 9 to ease your mind!
**COMMENT BELOW YOUR FAVORITE GET-AWAY LOCATION!**
T-Shirts that Inspire Me